DEAN OF STUDENTS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Dean of Students at the Reformed Church University.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Pro Vice Chancellor, the Dean of Students is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the University’s student services and provides strategic initiatives in the following areas: student housing, health, counselling, sport, student conduct, orientation, and coordinating services for international students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of the Division of Student Affairs’ strategic plans, programmes, and services in support of the University mission and goals;
- Facilitates the effective engagement of students in University governance in line with the RCU Act and other relevant Regulations and Ordinances.
- Develops and implements social and leadership development programmes for students with a focus on the Student Representatives Council (SRC);
- Establishes a student culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions and exercise leadership;
- Overseas the performance of all units in the Division (including Health, Counselling, Accommodation, Sport services and Student Representative Council) to make campus life more interesting and vibrant;
- Ensures that the needs of disabled students are sufficiently addressed by developing, implementing and maintaining relevant policies and processes as well as reviewing infrastructural facilities to ensure a barrier-free environment;
- Manages and deploys the Division’s resources efficiently, effectively, economically and in accordance with the relevant policies;
- Compiles and manages the Division’s budget, authorizes the procurement of services, equipment and materials and safeguards all assets and facilities;
- Mobilizes resources in collaboration with other stakeholders and pursues partnerships with reputable donors and sponsors that are beneficial to the university;
- Provides guidance and advice to students on immigration regulations to ensure processing and routine renewal of study permits in line with the country’s laws;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Pro Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants should have at least a Master’s degree but preferably a PhD in the following disciplines: Student Administration, Psychology, Adult Education, Counselling or related field.
- The candidate should have experience in working with students in an Institution of Higher learning and clear vision of managing cultural diversity and students’ social services and commitment to the maintenance of a high standard of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- Ability to formulate policy in line with best practices;
- Passion and energy for working with students of all age groups.
Six (6) copies of each of the following documents: Application letter, CV giving full details of the applicant, place of birth, date of birth, qualifications, working experience, contact details, names and contact details of three referees and testimonial letter from church/pastor/reverend and certified copies of certificates should be addressed to:
Reformed Church University
P O Box Masvingo
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 24th June 2022. Women and differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.